Martin Roberts is one of the UK’s most respected Property, Travel and Lifestyle TV presenters and journalists. Over the past 25 years he has appeared on BBC TV and Radio, ITV, CNN and SKY TV. He was a regular presenter on ITV’s top rated travel show ‘Wish You Were Here..?’ for 8 years and the travel editor of ‘Woman’ magazine for 15 years.
For the past twelve years he has written and presented the hit BBC property auction show ‘Homes under the Hammer’, which is shown on BBC1, BBC Worldwide and UKTV Home and is now in its 21st series. He is also the BBC’s UK and Overseas Property expert, appearing as expert speaker on programmes such as ‘BBC Breakfast’ , ‘BBC News 24’, the Jeremy Vine Show and BBC Radios 2, 4 & 5 Live.
His career includes:
- Presenting ‘Homes under the Hammer’ Property show on BBC1 (Main presenter, 1250 shows, 21 series). Also shown on UKTV Home and TV channels in America, Australia, Canada, Europe & South Africa
- Presenting ‘Wish You Were Here’ Travel Show on ITV Network (Regular presenter, 8 series)
- Presenting ‘CNN Travel News’ News programme on CNN Globally (Main Presenter, 100 shows)
- Author of Teach Yourself Making Money from Property (Hodder 2008)
- Property Columnist for News of the World
Martin now has his own property show on National DAB and internet station talkRADIO since its launch in March 2016. ‘Gazumped’ with Martin Roberts (Saturdays, 11–1pm, Sundays, 5-7pm) brings to life on-air colourful features on the property market, home improvements, celebrity and dream houses, the latest trends in décor and garden design and lots more. Martin broadcasts the show from a treehouse in his garden!
Martin is also Author of the best selling book Making Money from Property. His most recent book titles include The Property Auction Guide and the children’s book series The Villes (including a dedicated version, Sadsville, to support the NSPCC).